Cloud Computing — The Most Cost-Effective, On-Demand SAP Solution
A WFT Cloud Resource Guide - Cloud Computing, a snapshot
In a competitive business market, companies are under pressure to rapidly adopt and innovate with new technologies. In response to this pressure, many companies are looking to implement cloud computing. What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to applications, platforms, data storage, operating systems, and other computing resources. With cloud technology companies don’t have to make huge upfront investments for hardware or an IT staff. Instead, they can subscribe to whatever computing resources they need with on-demand access.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
The cloud has something to offer all types of organizations.Here are some of the benefits of cloud computing:
- Cost Savings – Instead of a full-blown ownership which comes with more costs and responsibility, customers can customers only pay for what they use with the cloud.
- Scalability – Cloud computing removes all the guesswork companies have to do when provisioning IT resources. depending on the demand, customers can scale up or scale down their infrastructure.
- Agility – Speed to market is critical when it comes to competitive advantage. Cloud technology allows companies to react and pivot to changing market conditions and business needs.
- Innovation – Cloud computing enables the rapid adoption of new technologies and faster innovation due to the simplification of IT.
- Availability – customers can access their data and applications from anywhere and any device 24/7
- Security – Cloud providers go to great lengths to ensure the security of their cloud platforms.With the cloud, customers can improve compliance, protect their data, and receive continuous security updates
Cloud Computing Service Models
With Cloud Computing, the customers have the advantage of using one or more of the basic three service models:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – With SaaS, customers can access software hosted on a remote server at any time or place from a web browser or API. All the maintenance, backups, and updates of the software are taken care of by the SaaS provider.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) – PaaS is a cloud-based application development environment in which developers are provided with everything they need to develop and deploy apps.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – IaaS allows companies to“rent” computing resources like servers, storage, networks, and operating systems on a pay-per-use basis. that provides both
Types of Cloud Deployment
The customer can also choose from three different types of cloud deployment: public, private, or hybrid. Companies also have the ability to choose more than one deployment approach and set up what we call a multi-cloud environment. Here are more details about the three cloud deployment models.
- Public Cloud – With public cloud services are delivered to customers over a network open for public usage. The benefit of public cloud is that it is less expensive and more accessible than private cloud.
- Private Cloud – With a private cloud, services are maintained on a private network protected by a firewall. Private clouds can be built in a company’s internal data center or provided by a vendor. The benefit of private cloud is that it offers more security, control, and a tailor-made infrastructure for the specific customer.
- Hybrid Cloud – A hybrid cloud is the combination of public cloud,private cloud, and on-premise infrastructure. Hybrid clouds allow customers to keep mission critical data in a traditional data center or private cloud, while taking advantage of public cloud resources.
SAP Applications on the Cloud
An understanding of what cloud computing is meant to achieve can kick-start the reality of cloud computing for SAP applications. Over the recent years, it has been observed that a company's ability to quickly adapt to changing demands is hindered by complex and inflexible IT environments. This is primarily due to the expanding functional scope of SAP products and increasing interconnection of business processes. Cloud Computing offers the solution to this challenge through SAP Cloud solutions & services.
With cloud computing, on demand applications & computing power and a dynamic infrastructure can be readily made available.Virtualization, along with standardization and automation are used to achieve a highly optimized solution which offers more with less. A company's business activities can be made more agile and responsive, along with reducing IT infrastructure complexity and costs through improved optimization of workload with SAP applications on the cloud.
SAP Cloud Deployment — The Wharfedale Advantage
With SAP cloud deployments, location planning and capacity are no longer in the hands of the customer. Instead, they are the responsibility of Wharfedale, when you opt for our best-of-breed SAP cloud computing solutions.This enables companies to respond quickly to business changes that may arise as predicted or unexpectedly, because operations are handled no longer by the company itself but by Wharfedale. With our SAP Cloud solutions, software updates, patches and renewals are also taken care of by our team.